Certification to ISO 27001 involves undertaking regular reviews and internal audits of the ISMS to ensure its continual improvement. In addition, an external auditor will review the ISMS at specific intervals to establish whether the controls are working as intended. This independent assessment provides an expert opinion of whether the ISMS is functioning properly and provides the level of security needed to protect the organisation’s information.
By becoming ISO 27001 certified, companies demonstrate a commitment to ensuring that adequate security controls are in place and allows you to prove to your clients and other stakeholders that you are managing the security of their information.
Organisations that have adopted ISO 27001 can therefore be formally audited and certified compliant with the standard to demonstrate to clients and internal and external stakeholders that their security and risk management approach meets industry best practice with respect to protecting data, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details or information entrusted by third parties.
Achieving ISO 27001 will aid your organisation in managing and protecting your valuable data and information assets, but they are not just limited to the organisation itself. Clients, partners and customers can see a whole host of benefits by choosing to work with an organisation that has been awarded ISO 27001:
• ISO 27001 protects the security of confidential information and keeps it secure.
• Manages and minimises exposure to risk while building a culture of security.
• Improves the secure exchange of information internally and externally.
• Helps clients comply with regulations impacting on their business.
• Demonstrates a clear commitment to Information Security Management to third parties and stakeholders.
• Manages and minimises risk exposure for customers and partners.
• Provides increased confidence to the customer that the organisations they are partnered with are managing risk and improving the delivery of service they receive.
At Cortech we understand more than ever that your business data must be kept secure. ISO 27001 certification demonstrates that we have identified the risks, assessed the implications and put in place tried and tested controls to help to minimise any risk to our business and your data. We strive to protect you as an organisation along with your data and we work to ensure our processes comply to the highest security standards so that your information is safe.